Cyngor Ysgol Senedd...
School Council Parliament...
We have structured our Cyngor Ysgol on the same format as the Senedd in Cardiff. Our School Council members are the AM's of Emmanuel. They meet on a regular basis to discuss all school politics. They are the voice of their peers!
Our School Council make informed decisions that affect the positive change and growth of the school.
It is important that our children have a voice and say in any potential decision made at our school. It teaches them responsibility, democracy and empowers them to bring positive change to Ysgol Emmanuel.
Our Current Project - Emmanuel School Prayer
From pupil voice, it has been decided that Ysgol Emmanuel needs its own school prayer. Because of this, we have started a new process to create this prayer.
This is where we are on our journey:
- Pupil voice said that we needed a school prayer.
- Cyngor Ysgol met to discuss how we could action this.
- Each class were a given a dove to write their ideas around what the prayer should include.
- These ideas were shared at School Council and the key themes recognises.
- Reverend Mansfield came to visit us.
- We drafted a School Prayer and shared this with Reverend Mansfield.
- The school prayer was shared with the school to see their opinion.