At Ysgol Emmanuel we believe that Forest School develops teamwork, independence,
self-confidence and self-esteem in an outdoor setting.
- Learn about plants and animals.
- Develop an awareness of how to look after the environment.
- Learn to use tools and make objects using natural materials.
- Light fires and cook.
- Play games to develop co-operation and teamwork.
- Explore creativity and imagination through art type activities.
Teaching and Learning
Children will take part in lots of different activities and work individually, in pairs or in groups. Children will have the chance to use natural materials and resources to make and create a range of objects and will be shown how to safely use tools for this. Children will be given learning opportunities that allow them to succeed no matter what their ability through activities that are fun, interesting and stimulating.
Forest School contributes to the development of communication by giving lots of opportunities for children to listen, talk, discuss and ask questions.
Being outside, doing physical activities and playing games will keep children active and help to keep them physically healthy.
In Forest School children will develop their scientific knowledge by talking about studying and exploring the forest environment and the plants and animals that live there.