Croeso / Welcome
Introducing our Governing Body, a team of extremely dedicated parents, staff and members of the local community, who are passionate about the welfare and academic development of our pupils, staff and families at Ysgol Emmanuel.
A governor is someone who:
- is a volunteer;
- cares about teaching, learning and children;
- represents those people with a key interest in the school, including parents , staff, the local community and the LA;
- is part of a team which accepts responsibility for everything a school does;
- has time to commit to meetings and other occasions when needed;
- is willing to learn;
- is able to act as a critical friend who supports the school but also challenges and asks questions about how the school works and the standards it achieves;
- acts as a link between parents, the local community, the LA and the school.
The Governing body discuss and analyse in detail ways in which we can continue to move forward, ensuring that our school continues to offer a safe, happy, healthy and nurturing learning environment for our pupils and staff. Our team of Governors act as a critical friend to the school and they are the school's vital support network, enabling us to explore ways to continue to facilitate academic progress and spark passion and love of learning.
We would like to thank our Governing Body for their time, dedication and continuous support.
Mark Budd - Chair
Gareth Pritchard - Vice chair
Rona Jones - Headteacher
Rev. Glen Mansfield - Community Governor
Alison Parry-Jones - Community Governor
Rachel Mellor - Community Governor
Sue Nash - Community Governor
Kevin Roberts - Community Governor
Anne Jones OBE - Community Governor
Gill Howe – Parent Governor
David Baker – Parent Governor
Andrew Wilde - Parent governor
Linda Coleman – Teacher Governor
Katie Mason - Teacher Governor
Christine Maitland-Price - Support Staff Governor
Vacancy - Local Authority Governor
'The core functions of a governing body include: setting and monitoring the organisation's mission, purpose, direction, priorities and strategies within the boundaries of its constitution and legal obligations'.